Google Drive has become a staple of file sharing, however if you haven’t given your vendor permission to open the folder it can slow down the process as they have to ask for permission and wait for you to allow it. Our preferred method of receiving Google Drive files is that you send us a sharable link that allows any one with that link to access the folder, here is how that is done.
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com
- Click the folder or document you want to share
- Click Share Icon (person with +) at the top right of the page
- At the top right of the share dialog box, click Get shareable link
- Next to “Anyone with the link,” click the Down arrow
- Choose whether people can edit or view
- Copy and paste the link in an email to send to your vendor
Additional help can be found here.